So Linda has challenged us again with something inspiring 🙂
“Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “dom.” Use it as a word, or find a word that starts or ends with it. Have fun!”
Dominantly intriguing Linda’s prompts. Even though I have given myself a creative break from creating new content for my blog for a very long time I have still been busy. As I’ve given up my domain because of self-created money problems which are not resolved yet I have to figure out which posts moved safely this way but also which links need adjusting and which images are gone missing.
At a post count of over 3000 quite a feat. It’s fun though to see which posts are worth domesticating and what’s worth chucking away. A kingdom though for a new domain. I created this blog to organise downloads for “Love Is In Da Blog” in February so it is not really fit for a blog that deserves loving. However, I decided to domesticate my blog vagabondancy (is that a word or have I made that up?) and to stick with stuff. Stick with this blog, stick with challenges, stick with friends just generally stop running away.
I do not understand why my blogging was dominated by moving around. Every single blog I started seemed to fall in my estimate like dominoes as soon as I gained some readers. One reason is probably that my ex has stalked me for a while so I had to go underground with my online activities. Domestic violence is a tricky experience to process and let go.
For a couple of months, I let my life be domineered by the above image. I walked the dog, meditated, did a little gardening and a lot of baking and the wisdom of what Doe Zantamata said is seeping in. Our time has forgotten that. We are so busy with checking our phones, making ends meet and fighting the darkness that seems to spread in our democracies that there is literally no time left for letting go.
I have to let go. That is certainly a life lesson my being is domineered by. From when I was a baby and had to let go of mum to be with granny at the weekends, to their passing away, to moving away from where I was born to moving to another country and getting to grips with a dominating father. These are topics that I write about time and time again but I do not want to go back down that road anymore.
That’s where I am now: I start where I am. Use what I have and do what I can. I break down the dome of limiting believes and my past and be. It is an ongoing process. I explore where this universe is going. What’s out there. We are changing big time and it is not clear if it will be a positive future or not.
But I have chosen love and life and that is what I want to spread. Hence lots of quotes and positive messages in the dominion of my social media and comments. I try to move my focus from me to us and you.
Sorry that this post was a bit random 😉
Linda’s suggestions on how to take part:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
This post is an answer to Linda’s
“The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Sept. 29/18”
Fellow Bloggers taking part in SoCS:
Reena Saxena: Stardom
Ruth Blogs Here: Random Everyday Stuff