I try to make “Love Is In Da Blog” as interesting as possible but I have already started to wonder if I challenged myself a little too much with this musical theme. Well, we’ll see.
So yesterday I asked you to share your favourite love song. I have many but I suspect my overall favourite is John Denver’s “Perhaps Love” which I encountered in the early ’80s on one of my father’s records.
I was 11 when it was recorded but I think I didn’t hear it until after my mother’s death in 1983. The lyrics and melodies touched me from the beginning. I, of course, connected it with my mother in those days but I remember how I believed that it describes love in general rather well.
I also love this version particularly, because I think that Denver’s and Domingos voices work together rather splendidly.
Now, that I’ve met my soul mate and we have gone through a couple of storms I realise how true John Denver’s words are and in fact when I heard it again for the first time it made me cry. I think this is certainly one of the best love songs besides “Annie’s Song”.
video source: Jason Wang via YouTube (all rights reserved to John Denver)
Perhaps Love by John Denver
Perhaps love is like a resting place, a shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort, it is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble when you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home
Perhaps love is like a window, perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer, it wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself and don’t know what to do
The memory of love will see you through
Oh, love to some is like a cloud, to some as strong as steel
For some a way of living, for some a way to feel
And some say love is holding on and some say letting go
And some say love is everything and some say they don’t know
Perhaps love is like the ocean, full of conflict, full of pain
Like a fire when it’s cold outside or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever and all my dreams come true, my memories of love will be of you
No, it is not necessary to share the lyrics for “Love Is In Da Blog” Music Festival but in this case I did because I think they are so beautiful.
I always found it sad that a man who could write such beautiful love songs was not given the chance of a long and happy relationship. But there it goes: Life sucks… 😉
“Love Is In Da Blog” Music Prompt for February 2nd
Ok, dear readers and fellow bloggers, I really wanted to go all posh on you with different forms of love music (which I will don’t worry) but on my walk with Sherks, it occurred to me that a little fun would be a good thing too. That is why I juxtapose yesterdays prompt with today’s:
Share your most hated love song
We all have that earworm of a love song that crawls into your head and never leaves for the rest of the day even though you really, really hate it. So tomorrow is the day to let it lose and get rid of it in a post or comment. I can’t wait to hear your stories 😉
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope its not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share your most hated love music
and have lots of fun