Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, we are getting on a bit 😉 . Well, time flies when you enjoy yourself so they say and we have reached the decade after WWII. I think it was a hard decade but also a decade full of hope that the world might be able to become a better place. Na we are not going down the road of complaining about all the faults of modern times. Let’s rather share a song or two.
Yesterday I asked you to find a song from the decade of 1949-1958 and when I searched for “Charts 1949-1958” on Google I ended up with car parts and Louis Armstrong. Well, of course, I could have looked for “Music Charts 1949-1958” and gotten some more ideas but Mr Armstrong must have been one of the most influential musicians of that period even though I thought he made music way before then.
When I think of Louis Armstrong I think of “Wonderful World” one of my favourites. But he did a version of a very romantic song that people probably often connect with Audrey Hepburn and nowadays with chocolate
video source: EverythingAudrey.com via YouTube
Yes, I know that song was created in 1961 so should be in tomorrows posts but hey I let you have some creative freedom with the Love Is In Da Blog posts and I embrace it myself too 🙂
The version of “Moon River” that I very much prefer is Louis Armstrong’s though. His rough voice suits the song very much in my opinion and the way he sings it expresses the longing of two people to run away together and explore the world much better.
video source: Scout4Me1 via YouTube
I sometimes wonder if I’ve been born in the wrong decade 😉 . Isn’t this one of the most romantic songs ever?
Love Is In Da Blog Music Prompt for February 11th
Now we’re talking: I love the music of this decade especially the totally kitsch German songs: 1959 – 1968 let’s roll with it! 🙂
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share a love song
from 1959 – 1968
and have lots of fun