Ladies and Gentlemen are you still with me? I hope so! I can’t believe that the songs I grew up with could be considered “oldies” now. After all its nearly 50 years ago. Where did all that time go? Well, we bring some of it back with this prompt.
The first music cassette I ever got was a “Best of ABBA” and I am not shy to admit that I still love ABBA songs. Well, I had a little dip in my appreciation when the first “Mamma Mia” film came out and I listen to the soundtrack for a whole shift at work. 8 hours of ABBA is too much even for me. Can you imagine how I rejoiced when the second one came out and I did not work?
ABBA was incredibly creative in the ’70s and got a few hits all over the world and no I am not going with “Mamma Mia” or “Waterloo”. The song I chose isn’t a particular love song but I believe it has to do with love for yourself and you know how much of a topic this is for me.
The song is “Eagle” and was recorded in 1977 when my brother was born. It wasn’t a particular chart success but according to Wikipedia was meant to be a tribute to “The Eagles” whom both Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus admired. It was quite long apparently, got many edits and wasn’t even released in all countries.
I can’t remember why I liked it so much in the 70’s. I didn’t understand English then but the music spoke to me and today I like the shamanic idea of flying with eagles and being taught their wisdom.
Let’s not talk much more because many know a lot about ABBA anyway (and many hate them 😉 ) so here the song and later the new prompt:
video source: ABBA via YouTube
Love Is In Da Blog Music Prompt for February 13th
Ooops the 80s. Are they worth checking for music? Of course, they are, so let’s roll with 1979 – 1988 🙂 and see what’s out there!!!!
And to remind ourselves how to take part:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 19” or #LoIsInDaBl19. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
- Find the prompt list for the whole month here in this introduction post at the end
share a love song
from 1979 – 1988
and have lots of fun